How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5962
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Today I called CAFCASS who informed me that they have not

This answer was rated:

Today I called CAFCASS who informed me that they have not been passed any details from the court (over 2 weeks ago). I called the court and they told me the judge didn’t give them any order to write up for CAFCASS and that they will chase it up.Also, I just spoke with my ex partners sister who told me that she will be moving into a new house in 2 weeks and then she is going to arrange for me to see our daughter.I am now wondering if it may be best to cancel the court process, if that is possible ? My concerns are that, if it goes all the way through court, the judge may order supervised contact in a contact centre because of her claims of domestic violence. After speaking to her sister I believe she does not want to go to a contact centre but to arrange contact by speaking to my family. If the judge was to order contact centre only but she was happy for me to see our daughter normally, would this be allowed ? My idea now is to withdraw everything and resolve this outside of court.Can you let me know if there is any possible way to do this now ?

Hello and thanks for your question. It is possible to withdraw the application, yes.

I wouldn't advise doing it at this stage, though.

I would wait and see if you do reach an agreement first.

If you do you can then withdraw the application.

Obviously without a court order there is nothing legally binding.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** do cancel how would I go about that ?

You simply write to the court and ask that your application is withdrawn as you have reached an amicable solution.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you.

My pleasure.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good evening,I want to get some clarity regarding what Georgiana intends to do regarding me seeing my daughter. The information from her sister is minimal and she doesn’t speak to me herself. I wanted to know if you would possibly call her to see if she will give some indication if she plans to go through the courts or otherwise. If you are not able to do this, would a solicitor do it ? I do think she would discuss this with a legal professional. From what her sister has told me it sounds like she is willing to resolve it outside of court but she is not directly saying this. As this has not been passed to CAFCASS at the moment, I would ideally like to cancel the court proceedings if she would give confirmation that she would like to resolve it in the same way. I look forward to hearing from you.Regards

I have sent you a service offer to discuss how to progress this for you.

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** have to check it later as I cannot view it on my phone. Thanks

OK, thanks for this.

I will call tomorrow as it's late now.

Can you let know when you are available, please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will be available from 8am-11am and then anytime after 4pm

No problem, I'll conform in the morning a time. I'll ask again for your number in the private contact info box.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok thanks

Hello, I'm aiming to call around 10.30am. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just sent you an email. Thanks

Thanks - I'll come back to you tomorrow.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks

No problem.