How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5238
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Sorry its about pensions, 70, I want to know who is entitled

This answer was rated:

sorry its about pensions
JA: What is your current age and retirement age?
Customer: 70
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know who is entitled to my ex husbands pensions if I outlive him ? Myself who was married to him for 37 years or his new wife married for 2 years?
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly.

You should have a claim on his pension based on the years that you were married. This will not be wiped out by the new wife of 2 years. Did you have a financial order when you divorced? Also, to double check, have you also remarried?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Morning Peter, no I did not have a financial order when we divorced, there was a lot of fear on my part when we divorced and was just relieved to have the divorce, no I have not remarried and am quite sure I won't again.

OK. Then you should consider applying for a pension sharing order in that case.

It may be easier for you to have a solicitor do this for you, on your behalf, if you do not feel comfortable approaching your ex husband yourself.

You can find a solicitor that works in this area via the link here:

I hope this assists, and do let me know if you have further questions?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5238
Experience: Barrister at law
plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you