plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I managed to leave a domestic abuse marriage in Feb 2017.

Customer Question

Hi I managed to leave a domestic abuse marriage in Feb 2017. Soon after that my then 5 and a half year old daughter started refusing contact with her dad due to emotional abuse. She stopped going overnight but I made her see him at a contact centre once a week as I thought it was the right thing to do. Her younger brother now 6 continued to go on his own 2 nights a week. She is now 8 year old daughter was 5 and
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: My husband took me to court and was granted the unsupervised access starting in mid July. Since then it has been a nightmare. I have sent 2 documents of recorded incidents to the police who confirmed that his behaviour does constitute emotional abuse and social services are on board but no allocated social worker as yet. Last week he made her leave her brother downstairs and go up to lie in his bed with him during the day while he asked her questions about me etc. I got an appointment for her yesterday with a child therapist with forensic experience who said at the end that she can refuse and showed her how to say no.! She did this over the phone and although he said he would come to the school with the court order, he couldn’t because she wasn’t there. However she is there today and he has been in to tell the principal that he is picking her up. I need to know her rights
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Northern Ireland. Court in Dungannon
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My small son loves his dad but doesn’t want to go at the weekends, which has also started since July
Expert:  plclegal replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

To be clear, if there is a court order and your daughter is only 8, she will not be able to refuse to be collected from school by her father, nor in my experience will the school be able to stop him from taking her. If you have sufficient concerns about how he is caring for the children, you have to get to court and have the order either amended or suspended in the short term.

Can I clarify anything?

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.

Hello, did you receive my reply?

Can I assist you further with your question?
Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 1 day ago.

Hello, did you receive my reply?

Kind regards,

Peter