How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5155
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I gave my wife money in good faith to save, she can’t

This answer was rated:

Hi I gave my wife money in good faith to save , she can’t account for it around £200,000 do I have any right to search her bank accounts, at the time I was working out of the UK overseas.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you, thanks for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you confirm the context for this - are you still in a stable marriage or is this in the context of divorce proceedings, for example?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still in a marriage but would not consider stable ,looking to get divorced

OK. Then you can ask for full financial disclosure if you are in the divorce process.

Spending this amount of money without being able to account for it would fall under unreasonable behaviour and give rise to a ground for divorce in my view.

Can I clarify anything?

plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5155
Experience: Barrister at law
plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you