plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I gave my wife money in good faith to save, she can’t

Hi I gave my wife money in good faith to save , she can’t account for it around £200,000 do I have any right to search her bank accounts, at the time I was working out of the UK overseas.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you, thanks for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you confirm the context for this - are you still in a stable marriage or is this in the context of divorce proceedings, for example?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Still in a marriage but would not consider stable ,looking to get divorced

OK. Then you can ask for full financial disclosure if you are in the divorce process.

Spending this amount of money without being able to account for it would fall under unreasonable behaviour and give rise to a ground for divorce in my view.

Can I clarify anything?

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law