How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1435
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I am not entitled to legal aid but don’t earn enough money

Customer Question

I am not entitled to legal aid but don’t earn enough money to cover expenses I was in court on Friday on a domestic charge which was stopped halfway through by the cps to drop all charges at the end the matter of access to my daughter was bought up and I think they stated that I would get free representation. Does this sound right please . The judge sent me straight across to crown court to see about this but there was no one there to help .
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No I have not as I don’t know how to
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Yes I know the location of the court . So do I just need to go to family court and they will help ? I was given a c100 form to fill out but mediation is not viable
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes . Cps asked me to accept a restraining order which I said yes to at the time due to my frustrations off the whole matter . But I am the only person my ex will allow to take her to her mental health appointments and no one else in her family will help her ? So is there a way for me to get order overturned
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Were you paying privately?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No court solicitor
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

So what are you hoping to do?