Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I am not entitled to legal aid but don’t earn enough money

Customer Question

I am not entitled to legal aid but don’t earn enough money to cover expenses I was in court on Friday on a domestic charge which was stopped halfway through by the cps to drop all charges at the end the matter of access to my daughter was bought up and I think they stated that I would get free representation. Does this sound right please . The judge sent me straight across to crown court to see about this but there was no one there to help .
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No I have not as I don’t know how to
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Yes I know the location of the court . So do I just need to go to family court and they will help ? I was given a c100 form to fill out but mediation is not viable
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes . Cps asked me to accept a restraining order which I said yes to at the time due to my frustrations off the whole matter . But I am the only person my ex will allow to take her to her mental health appointments and no one else in her family will help her ? So is there a way for me to get order overturned
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Were you paying privately?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No court solicitor
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

So what are you hoping to do?