MARCUS Malin
MARCUS Malin,
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
66642005

What can you do if a school refuses to give you details on

Customer Question

what can you do if a school refuses to give you details on your son after you have split with your wife. name is ***** ***** birth certificate and no legal reason to stop it.
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: no family court involved, wife move without telling me and moved my sons school.. i found the school, sent proof of joint responsibility bit the are tefusing information
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no im in the uk
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 7 days ago.

They should provide information unless there is a court order in place preventing them from doing so.

You can either make a complaint to the school governors and / or the Local Education Authority.

When did you last see your son.

Have any court orders been made.

Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 5 days ago.

How are things going. Have you made further contact with the school.

Marcus.