How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARCUS Malin Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1821
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MARCUS Malin is online now

What can you do if a school refuses to give you details on

Customer Question

what can you do if a school refuses to give you details on your son after you have split with your wife. name is ***** ***** birth certificate and no legal reason to stop it.
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: no family court involved, wife move without telling me and moved my sons school.. i found the school, sent proof of joint responsibility bit the are tefusing information
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no im in the uk
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 4 months ago.


They should provide information unless there is a court order in place preventing them from doing so.

You can either make a complaint to the school governors and / or the Local Education Authority.

When did you last see your son.

Have any court orders been made.

Thank you.

Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 4 months ago.


How are things going. Have you made further contact with the school.

Thank you.