SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

My daughter is involved in a child access case. Her

Customer Question

Hi, my daughter is involved in a child access case. Her solicitors were asked to provide a medical history file to a certain date and mistakenly provided far more than they were asked which now her husband's lawyer is using against her. What does she do?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: Southampton Family Court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 7 days ago.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Who obtained the medical documents - the solicitor or your daughter?

What was revealed that should not have been? Was it pertinent to the case?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The solicitor obtained the doc's. Reference to another family member's medicalhistory which was not pertinent to the case
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 7 days ago.

The other solicitor is not permitted to use this information in court. A) it was not asked for by the court and B) it is not about a party to the court case.

Your solicitor should be writing to the other solicitor to point that out and to ask for the information to be recovered from their client and destroyed.

If the matter is not resolved by that action, then your solicitor will no doubt raise it in court and all reference to that information will be disregarded by the court.

The other aspect is that your solicitor should not have released that information in the first place and you have every right to complain about this. Your client care letter will give you details about who to complain to.

Does that assist?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance with this?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 4 days ago.

Could you kindly take the time to rate my response as that is how I am paid for assisting you. Thank you.