Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I have an access agreement to see my children. In November

Customer Question

I have an access agreement to see my children. In November 2018 there was a disputed incident that I pleaded guilty to and received a sentence to do the BBR (Building better relationships) course which I completed and have a transcript stating I was outstanding as a participant. In March 2019, I attended a safeguarding meeting with children services and the school safeguarding people and they wrote that they have no issues with me regarding safeguarding and my children **** The challenge is that under the probation I'm not allowed to contact my ex-wife directly except through a legal process now as children services stated also this should be the process. I'm happy to go to a contact centre as my ex-wife has problems getting places on time and it would be documented. I need legal aid, I'm 67 on a state pension including pension credit - what way forward would you suggest?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet wanted advice as do not understand the process and legally what to do next as I have not seen my 4 youngest children aged 7-11 since November
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No I have not but need some one to act that could organise legal aid
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They live locally and I have fully complied with the order against me, completed BBR got a favourable report from them, not considered a safeguarding issue and the undercurrent is the support that I can pay their mother because o my income
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 11 days ago.

Hello thank you for the information. Can you tell me what your question is specifically please. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
how do a file in family court uk for a petition to have access to my children again
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Short on funds need to do online

Please ignore the phone call request as it is automatically generated by the website. I am back online tomorrow afternoon and I will respond to this in detail for you. Kind regards

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 9 days ago.

apologies for the delay. Firstly, if you need legal aid the you will require your solcitor or representative to make an application to the legal aid board for you, each individual is assessed on the merit fo their own case so it is not something anyone other than the legal aid board will be able to provide information to you on. Before you look at legal action the court will always want you to consider mediation although this has cost involvement's etc. However, if you need to make an applciaotn to the court then this can be done by getting the relevant court forms online.

To find a mediator in your local area, use this site :

http://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/find-local-mediator

In order to apply to the court, you will need to fill out and send form C100 (copy attached) with a cheque of £215 payable to HMCTS to your local family court centre. Or you can ring the court and pay over the phone (or pay in person if you go directly to the court and pay at the counter). If you are on low income/have low savings you can apply for a fee exemption here:

http://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

Once you apply the court will list a hearing where you and your ex attends. There will be a family advisor there too (from Cafcass) and if arrangements can be agreed then a consent order will be drawn up.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 7 days ago.

Ross