How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1126
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

My housing officer just ask me to contact child support

This answer was rated:

Hi my housing officer just ask me to contact child support agency.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet last Thursday I was homeless and council gave me temporary accommodation
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Coventry
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Could you first tell me what is this about ? I'm not sure what to do because I'm just following the steps I was given during the universal credit application
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you please explain what I have to do or what is this about ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter if you are still looking for help, please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like to know what help I can get from you? I've got my housing plan from council and my housing officer asked me to take contact with child support. But I don't know what's for that? Can you first explain me please?

Do you have any children and If so do you currently pay maintenance for them? It may be the case that that the child support agency (or CMS) have been given you updated address now that you have new accommodation after being classified as homeless. It may just be a simple case of updating your details but it may be that they want to know where you or the child is living (if the child resides with you) as this is a new address then I would assume that the CSA/CMS are looking to update their records as this would make sense. However, if you have any issues in relation to the CSA/CMS then you can get back to me if that is the case. Alternatively you can seek free advice at your local Citizens Advice Bureau. I hope this information has helped.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Kind regards


Ross Miller and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you