plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Just been informed that my house has been transferred to my

Customer Question

Just been informed that my house has been transferred to my ex wife by a county court judge because I refused to. This case started in 1992.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I don't know what to do. This is driving me to breakdown point
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Bow county court in Stratford London. Do I need to contact family court. The fact is I bought the house with my money before I married her. She went to court and told lies which the court believes. She refused to carry out the order but still live there for 30yrs rent free. This judgement was passed in January this year but just been informed.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know my rights according to human rights and fairness in the judgement
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  plclegal replied 4 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you give a little more of the background here? When were you divorced, for example? Why has she been in the property rent free for 30 years?

You should be able to apply to court to have the judgment set aside, if it has been entered in error.