How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3897
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Just been informed that my house has been transferred to my

Customer Question

Just been informed that my house has been transferred to my ex wife by a county court judge because I refused to. This case started in 1992.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I don't know what to do. This is driving me to breakdown point
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Bow county court in Stratford London. Do I need to contact family court. The fact is I bought the house with my money before I married her. She went to court and told lies which the court believes. She refused to carry out the order but still live there for 30yrs rent free. This judgement was passed in January this year but just been informed.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know my rights according to human rights and fairness in the judgement
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  plclegal replied 4 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you give a little more of the background here? When were you divorced, for example? Why has she been in the property rent free for 30 years?

You should be able to apply to court to have the judgment set aside, if it has been entered in error.