Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

My husband died on 24th July 2019, he hadn't worked for the

My husband died on 24th July 2019, he hadn't worked for the last few days years but before that he'd worked at a company for 5 yrs and he had a pension scheme, they've contacted me and said in order to receive anything I could be entitled to I must proove I was financially reliable on him or that we were mutually financially reliable on each other... I only have bank statements in which I transferred money into his account...
We got married before we gave up our smaller one bedroom flats in order to consolidate our lifes into a larger place.. The perfect property didn't arise before he passed... So basically we lived in between each others places, how do i proove he controlled the finances? Because even though we are legally and totally married for a intents and purposes the DWP wasn't bothered unless we shared an official same address..
I don't know what to do to proove we lived this way... Can you help?

Hello my name is Ross and I can help with this matter if you are still looking for help,

please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes please, I'll appreciate any information you can give.
Warmest regards
Gemma

This is difficult without any substantial evidence. However, you should still be able to get a copy of your late husband's bank statements. What I would suggest doing in the absence of evidence would be to put together a chronology of event and also use any evidence you can find in the bank statements. The difficulty with the DWP is that when something "out of the ordinary" happens they don't know how to adjust to deal with it. If this continues and you re not Abe to get an acceptable resolution. I would advise contacting your local Citizens Advice Service they have lots of templates for letters and plethora of experience in dealing with the DWP who can be more than difficult at times. I wish I could give you a more black and white answer to this but as I am sure you can appreciate in the absence of evidence then it will be very difficult to prove what you require to. However, the chronology, bank statements and assistance from the CAB will help with dealing with the DWP.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Ross Miller,
Experience: Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks. I have his bank statements, well some of them, and on these it's luckily got several transfers from myself to him, I also have to get my own transactions from my acc to hi from my bank.. Then we just "used the one acc" as far as anybody else is concerned
Thankyou
Kindest Regards
Gemma Barber
07432863925