How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1567
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I have just found out that my husbnd is cheating on me and

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have just found out that my husbnd is cheating on me and want to know what are my rights for divorce and child
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: i have not done anyhtnig yet. what are the steps. I have no idea
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: i am in surrey
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have a daughter, i want to know my rights for custody

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Who is the child's main carer and how old is the child?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
child is 8 year old. I am the main carer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cant afford the phone call at present

As the main carer of the child, it is unlikely the court would want to disturb that status quo, barring any serious safeguarding issues. You can either make an agreement between yourself and your husband that the child will remain with you and spend time with him on given dates and times, or you can apply to the court for a child arrangements order to define where the child lives and with whom they spend time.

Does that assist?


Do you require any further assistance with this?


If not, please do take a moment to rate positively so that I am paid for the time spent assisting you. Thank you.

SASH_Law and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you