How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1519
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

We have been to court and have a “joint lives with order”

This answer was rated:

Hi. We have been to court and have a “joint lives with order” and the children spend half of all holidays with me. In the order, my ex-wife is allowed to give me 21 days notice for special holidays - Holi and Diwali. It’s half term coming up. This year, she wants the children on the last day of my part of the half term holidays. Which takes priority? The children’s holiday time with me or Diwali? Thanks.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.


If the mother is permitted by the order to give you 21 days notice of special days and that she can have the children with her on those days, then that will take precedence over your share of the holidays. However, in the spirit of the likely intent of the order, the mother should offer you those days that you miss from her own holiday time with the children.


Does that answer your query?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you

You're welcome.


Please take a moment to rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how I am paid for assisting you today. THank you.

SASH_Law and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you