SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

We have been to court and have a “joint lives with order”

Hi. We have been to court and have a “joint lives with order” and the children spend half of all holidays with me. In the order, my ex-wife is allowed to give me 21 days notice for special holidays - Holi and Diwali. It’s half term coming up. This year, she wants the children on the last day of my part of the half term holidays. Which takes priority? The children’s holiday time with me or Diwali? Thanks.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

If the mother is permitted by the order to give you 21 days notice of special days and that she can have the children with her on those days, then that will take precedence over your share of the holidays. However, in the spirit of the likely intent of the order, the mother should offer you those days that you miss from her own holiday time with the children.

Does that answer your query?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

You're welcome.

Please take a moment to rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how I am paid for assisting you today. THank you.