How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1869
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

My daughter is divorcing the father of there 2 children, 16

Customer Question

my daughter is divorcing the father of there 2 children, 16 and 10 years of age, he has never financially supported them how can she get money from him, he always says he's "broke".
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: none as yet, he refuses to sign the divorce papers, he left them 9 years ago.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: my daughter lives in Wiltshire he lives in Basingstoke.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no but I am here on holiday, (from Australia), just trying to help my daughter
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have they been living separate for 9 years?