Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My daughter is divorcing the father of there 2 children, 16

Customer Question

my daughter is divorcing the father of there 2 children, 16 and 10 years of age, he has never financially supported them how can she get money from him, he always says he's "broke".
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: none as yet, he refuses to sign the divorce papers, he left them 9 years ago.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: my daughter lives in Wiltshire he lives in Basingstoke.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no but I am here on holiday, (from Australia), just trying to help my daughter
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 1 month ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have they been living separate for 9 years?