How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4092
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

My daughter is going through a divorce and is beginning to

This answer was rated:

My daughter is going through a divorce and is beginning to prepare papers for a parenting contract. In truth, she has had near total day to day responsibility for schooling, feeding, clothing, laundry, entertaining, homework, activities for her two primary school aged children and thus, we believe, would normally be viewed as the primary carer with the children predominantly residing with her in the future. In the last few months, her husband has been using the tactic of trying to prove he has 50% care of the children by using a contract of expectations (a provisional forward planning diary) to "have the children with him" on specific days. He does not do any of the other childcare apart from taking them to and from school, some activities and weekend days which he appropriates. His domestic skills are limited and he will often take them away to feed at restaurants /relatives. With that background, my specific question is what is the legal difference in the terms used here e.g. "contact", "access" "childcare" For the children's benefit, my daughter has no intention of restricting contact or access but would like to insist on having the default primary carer role and not allowing her husband to claim a regular pattern of what is really just access / contact as opposed to real 24hour childcare. I hope you get the picture.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter if you are still looking for help,

please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like an opinion please

Hello thank you for the information. The truth of the matter is that the only legally binding parental agreement would be a child contact arrangement. If you need to get anything set in stone then you can get a order set out buy the court, you would need to do this by making an application to the local family court and have an order set out by the court. If he is doing this for CMS purposes then you will need to put a list of information forward to them as if he is claiming to have more time with them then he actually has then it will lower his payments to you.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

Kind regards


Kind regards


RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4092
Experience: LL.B (Hons)
RJM Law and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you