Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

My daughter is going through a divorce and is beginning to

My daughter is going through a divorce and is beginning to prepare papers for a parenting contract. In truth, she has had near total day to day responsibility for schooling, feeding, clothing, laundry, entertaining, homework, activities for her two primary school aged children and thus, we believe, would normally be viewed as the primary carer with the children predominantly residing with her in the future. In the last few months, her husband has been using the tactic of trying to prove he has 50% care of the children by using a contract of expectations (a provisional forward planning diary) to "have the children with him" on specific days. He does not do any of the other childcare apart from taking them to and from school, some activities and weekend days which he appropriates. His domestic skills are limited and he will often take them away to feed at restaurants /relatives. With that background, my specific question is what is the legal difference in the terms used here e.g. "contact", "access" "childcare" For the children's benefit, my daughter has no intention of restricting contact or access but would like to insist on having the default primary carer role and not allowing her husband to claim a regular pattern of what is really just access / contact as opposed to real 24hour childcare. I hope you get the picture.

Hello my name is Ross and I can help with this matter if you are still looking for help,

please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yes, I would like an opinion please

Hello thank you for the information. The truth of the matter is that the only legally binding parental agreement would be a child contact arrangement. If you need to get anything set in stone then you can get a order set out buy the court, you would need to do this by making an application to the local family court and have an order set out by the court. If he is doing this for CMS purposes then you will need to put a list of information forward to them as if he is claiming to have more time with them then he actually has then it will lower his payments to you.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Ross

Ross Miller,
Experience: Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions