Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am married 5 years with my husband and have one child 3

I am married 5 years with my husband and have one child 3 years old.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I wat to know my immigration status if I divorce.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Ireland for 4 years and just moved to Uk for 6 month.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have domestic abuse and want to divorce.I want to know my immigration status if I divorce.I am Thai and I have EU Pre-settlements work permitted leave to remain for 5 years.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can wait for the answer.thank you
Hi thank you for your message, as you have pre-settled status then you have a visa for 5 years this should not be affected by a divorce. After 5 years in the UK you can apply for indefinite leave to remain. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney