Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

It's actually not my property. I'm renting it with my

Hi. It's actually not my property. I'm renting it with my brother. My former partner also lives here and she refuses to leave. She is not on tenancy agreement hovever she did try to contribute somehow to cost of living here. I've no idea how can I free myself from that woman...
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No as we have never had any written agreement
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Gu345de
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much is your service? Would be good to know

Hello my name is Ross and I can help with this matter if you are still looking for help,

please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Ross. I'm Lukas. I would love to get quality advice from you. I'm lost and not sure how to deal with it. Someone told me that since we have an informal agreement I should give her a written notice. I want to move on ASAP and I am aware that she will stay in until the very end. Our monthly costs were around 640£ and on average her contribution was 150£ per month in case that matters. Please tell me how to handle it. Kind regards Lukas

Thanks for the information. If you ex partner is not on the lease then I would inform your landlord that she is there and ask them to take action. Basically if a person is in a property that they are not a party too and not invited or welcome then they are trespassing. If you want to take effective action then I would inform her that if she does not leave by a specific date then you will call the police. If she still refuses to leave then simply call the police and show them the lease and explain that she is not welcome there. You can do this without involving your landlord. However, failing this then the landlord should get involved and remove you ex from the house.

I hope this information has helped.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross