How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4139
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My partner and my self are going through a devorce with his

This answer was rated:

My partner and my self are going through a devorce with his x wife, her solicitor has asked for a valuation of our property how much is on the mortgage is she entitled to ask for this as it has nothing to do with her or the devorce? I am a bit miffed that she has done this and feel that I do not want to dislike this to them. What are my rights please?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also I find they are ignoring our request for us to see her disclosure and they are not forth coming with this. How can we get this off of them so we can get a copy in our persession?

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Is he joint owners of the property or is it in your name only?


I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Do you still require assistance?

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Yes please
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Joint with my self
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Sorry for not answering ��

No problem - if he is a joint owner of this property, he will have to disclose his interest in it I'm afraid.

As regards getting disclosure from her, you should set a date for mutual exchange of information.

I hope this assists?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Ok thank you, will do that thank you for your help.

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4139
Experience: Barrister at law
plclegal and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you