How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36004
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have a 50 50 custody order with provision of arrest after

This answer was rated:

i have a 50 50 custody order with provision of arrest after my ex husband abducted our 4 year old for over a year whilst i was at work.. he falsly accused e of abuse.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: i have a court order inplace.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: he is currently taking all child tax credit child benefit and garnishing my wages for child maintenance.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the chikd is nearly 10 and is living in filth he will test positive for drugs. he has atempted to gain mental illness benefit at tribunal. he has never worked. the child is not happy living with him half the time. child protection services have dropped her case as he becomes cruel to me and the child when they are involved.

What is your question?>

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is there anyway to regain child benefit and child tax credit . so i am able to split the funding evenly between us two parents? or am i required to raise my child without any assistance if he has claimed residency. although we were are supoosed to be joint redidency...

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The reality of the situation is that you are both entitled to 50% of any child tax credit and any other benefits. If you provide the agency with a copy of the court order then they should change the benefits to reflect same. If he is getting the benefits then he should be giving half to you and you could sue him in the small claims court for your share. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars.

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.

So I can close this, is you question answered? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
yes ..we can close this..i will look into small claims court.. before me and my children starve . as the father is draining every penny out of my home.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you


Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you