How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6650
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have been informed that I have been left an amount of

This answer was rated:

I have been informed that I have been left an amount of money around. £20,000 but I am on esa benefits so it wouldn't benefit me to have this money as it would cause so much havoc I would prefer not to receive it. could it not go to my two adult children or can I just refuse to except this money



Who has left you this money?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My mother
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In all there are 6 recipient's
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need to know if I can refuse the money or can I let my adult children have this inheritance.

Yes, you may refuse the legacy and direct that it be paid to your children by entering into a Deed of Variation.


See here for further information:


All the best. Please click on 5 stars

UKSolicitorJA and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you