UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have been informed that I have been left an amount of

I have been informed that I have been left an amount of money around. £20,000 but I am on esa benefits so it wouldn't benefit me to have this money as it would cause so much havoc I would prefer not to receive it. could it not go to my two adult children or can I just refuse to except this money

Who has left you this money?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
My mother
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
In all there are 6 recipient's
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I need to know if I can refuse the money or can I let my adult children have this inheritance.

Yes, you may refuse the legacy and direct that it be paid to your children by entering into a Deed of Variation.

See here for further information: https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/money/personal-finance/inheritance/deed-of-variation-changing-a-will-after-death

All the best. Please click on 5 stars