How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5155
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I have just received a letter from my husband solicitor

This answer was rated:

Hi I have just received a letter from my husband solicitor asking me to agree to a divorce as it's in excess of 1 year what are my rights?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No nothing
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I'm on isle of lewis
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband and his family have turned my children against me and now they refuse to have contact with me at all

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Firstly - do you agree to the divorce and do you accept the grounds in the petition?

Secondly - do you have property/ assets? How old are your children?

What in particular can I assist with?

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't agree the grounds of divorce as they state we separated aug/Sept 2018, it was October and not for long as I moved back and we tried to give it another go in dec 2018 then I moved out again April 2019, during that time which I had depression and being told I was such a bad person by my husband and his mother they asked for my help to get them money £10,000 so they could buy each others houses and it would get paid back by my husband but I got that money in Feb 2019 and am still paying it he refuses to pay and has since said I gave that money to his mother for her to move, something I definitely wouldn't do, so my husband kept me sweet until I signed our house away so his mother could buy it where she now lives, every family member turned there back on me blaming me even though both me and my husband were guilty of arguing. My children are 12, 10 and twins that are 9. All of them moved to his mother's when we broke up in april meant for a week so he could get help while I sorted myself out with my depression and my husband said he would take my children round to mine but that didn't happen and he just kept telling me they don't want me, don't want to see me and I should stay away to respect there wishes so I did and every time I try asking about them or see them my husband told me again they didn't want me he even got them to tell me themselves on the phone then face to face recently. My mother in law told them in may I said to her I didn't want them these words never came out if my mouth and never would. His mother now lives at our old house and my husband and children live at his mother's old house with an 18 year old girl that was his mothers lodger now apparently his girlfriend.i need advice on what to do? My husband has blocked my calls as advised by his lawyer and has been withholding injuries and school info on my children from me but claims he is not stopping me seeing my children and will continue to encourage them to have contact with me but this is only in the last week so again I think this is advice from his lawyer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No stop that £44 transaction for a phone call I didn't see that and don't have that amount to spare