chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My sister and I share a property my dad left us in his will.

Customer Question

My sister and I share a property my dad left us in his will. We are fighting and I want to sell. She doesn't.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I don't know how to do so.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: England, Bradford Upon Avon
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: depends how much it is. At first I just want a warning letter sent out to give her time to reconsider
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for yo8r query. Has the property been transferred I to your names?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
yes, we share half each but it's in her name
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
as I work overseas alot and she halp manage it
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I just want a letter sent to give her thinking time and to let her know how serious I am about selling.

Do you have any restriction or chathe over the property? I note you state that it is in her name and that you share it, but it is important to understand who is registered at HM Land Registry

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
she's registered

You would be able to instruct a local solicitor to write to her and demand that she either pay you for your share or you make an application to court for an Order fo Sale. This would then allow the property to be sold.

I hope this answers your question. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
can I pay you to do it?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
it's urgent

Unfortunately, the Just Answer site is not designed for this type of service as it is only a question and answer site.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.