How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 14906
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

My sister and I share a property my dad left us in his will.

Customer Question

My sister and I share a property my dad left us in his will. We are fighting and I want to sell. She doesn't.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I don't know how to do so.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: England, Bradford Upon Avon
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: depends how much it is. At first I just want a warning letter sent out to give her time to reconsider
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.


Thank you for yo8r query. Has the property been transferred I to your names?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we share half each but it's in her name
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
as I work overseas alot and she halp manage it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just want a letter sent to give her thinking time and to let her know how serious I am about selling.
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.


Do you have any restriction or chathe over the property? I note you state that it is in her name and that you share it, but it is important to understand who is registered at HM Land Registry

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she's registered
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.


You would be able to instruct a local solicitor to write to her and demand that she either pay you for your share or you make an application to court for an Order fo Sale. This would then allow the property to be sold.

I hope this answers your question. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can I pay you to do it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it's urgent
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.


Unfortunately, the Just Answer site is not designed for this type of service as it is only a question and answer site.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Many thanks