plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

For plc legal please, as he knows the background details. My

Customer Question

For plc legal please, as he knows the background details.My eldest son has been injured during his time with his biological father. How does that affect contact for both my sons? Thank you.
Expert:  plclegal replied 12 days ago.

Hello - thanks for the new question.

Please remind me how old your sons are.

Can you explain how he has been injured - was this accidental? How serious was the injury?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My eldest is 6, my youngest is nearly 9 months.

There were no physical marks but it hurt him. I believe it was accidental, but it was forceful and it happened while my ex was swearing about me, specifically calling me a “shit”, to his mother nearby. My eldest was “scared of being shouted at by my dad”, in his words, and said nothing.

However, this does demonstrate his anger issues and lack of self-control, particularly as he has issues with alcohol and drug misuse (which the court have dismissed previously, due to an alcohol test which had an odd result). If he had been holding the baby at the time the damage would inevitably have been far worse and there’s no reason that this won’t happen again.
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

OK. This is one to make a note of but without any physical marks or clear evidence of something non-accidental, it's not going to be enough to affect contact at this stage. The type of behaviour you describe is something you have already raised with the court.

Expert:  plclegal replied 10 days ago.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 8 days ago.

Kind regards,

Peter

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry, it’s been a busy period. That’s a great help thank you.
Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.

My pleasure. Best wishes.