How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1434
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I need advice tha my husband and me we r separated. We havr

Customer Question

Hi, i need advice tha my husband and me we r separated. We havr
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I m in worcester now
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My and my husband have a house so he just want to give me 25% share in that house
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a daughter. But main thing is he took mortgage on that house and he bought a new house
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

how long were you together and married in total?

how old is the child?

is it his name on mortgage?

why does he think he can only give you 25%?

what is your preferred outcome if possible?