Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Can I leave my marital home with my children without it

Customer Question

Can I leave my marital home with my children without it effecting later if we get divorced?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No only just told my husband I’m leaving
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Liverpool England
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I’m not planning a divorce, just need space at this time but want to make sure where I stand for the future and will it effect me.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 17 days ago.

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

how long have you been together and married in total?

why are you leaving?

how old are the children?

who's name is the mortgage in? who pays?