How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1434
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

Can I leave my marital home with my children without it

Customer Question

Can I leave my marital home with my children without it effecting later if we get divorced?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No only just told my husband I’m leaving
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Liverpool England
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I’m not planning a divorce, just need space at this time but want to make sure where I stand for the future and will it effect me.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

how long have you been together and married in total?

why are you leaving?

how old are the children?

who's name is ***** ***** in? who pays?