plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am family related questions, i have* I am a British

hi JA: Hi. How can I help? Customer: I am family related questions JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: i have* JA: What steps have you taken so far? Customer: I am a British citizen and my wife is a French National. We are seperated since longtime and she stopped me from seeing my kid in france I filed divorce and rights to see my kid in teh court JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: It took so long to reach the point that we had a hearing but she did not appear in the first hearing in court which was in September the 3rd and than second hearing was on 28th of October she again did not appear ans court told me that they sent a ballif to her house but she did not respond the building keeper told them she has moved to London

My name is***** and I got married to a french national in 2009 in the UK and we also registered it in France. Since then my wife kept promising that she will move to the UK this year or next year and time passed and finally because of her behavior and extreme anger and messed up life I decided to divorce her. We have 3 kid and she has been blackmailing me all these years to see them. Most of the time she would ask me if I do not bring this amount of money I will not see the kids.
To cut the long storey short, I filed the case in France and also in the UK when I got frustrated with their procedure which took more than a year just to have the first hearing. Our first hearing for divorce and the right to see the kid was on the 3rd of September and she did not appear in the court than it judge has given another 2 months to contact her back which they did but again she did not respond and did not come to the court. Now she disappeared with the kids and I have no clue where she is. In France when they sent her bailiff the building keeper said she has moved to U. I have no idea where but my friend ha saw her 2 or 3 times in Ilford town center with the kids. I text her several times she does not reply or let me know where she is. I have gone to the police to report they told me it is not their job to find her, go to court. I have no idea where to find her and I have already filed the case for divorce in UK but if we do not have her address where will we serve the notice and how will i meet my kid. I am running out of patience and getting reall frustrated and helpless.

Hello, my name is Peter, I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you just clarify that you are currently in the UK and that the two court dates you refer to (3 Sept/ 28 Oct) were in the UK?

If so, did the court advise you that you can apply for an order to locate the whereabouts of the children?

Hello - I didn't hear from you. Can I still assist you with this?

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Dear Peter, Thank you for your response. As I mentioned my wife is French and I have filed teh case for divorce in France first. It took very long to get to the first hearing on the 3rd of Sep 2019 and second one was on the 28th of October 2019 both in Paris. She did not come to any of teh court hearing and than they told me she has moved to London. My friend has seen her in Ilford 2 to 3 times. I also filed divorce in UK as well but nothing for the right to see the kids, as kids were in France.

Thanks for the information and the call request. I should be able to call around 6.15pm this evening. Kind regards.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
`sure