How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6040
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Can you please let me know how to proceed for a judicial

This answer was rated:

Can you please let me know how to proceed for a judicial recusal of a district judge in the family court in the UK?
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for letting me know. If I dont receive an answer today, I guess I will cancel the question. Can you please confirm that you will reimburse my payment.Thank you,Domingo

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you confirm - are you in current proceedings? Is this private family law or are social services involved?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm in current proceedings. Now only pending a schedule 1 application. I want to make a judicial recusal of the judge who dealt with the children proceedings regarding the relocation of the children to Spain, which was dismised. The judge is the same that is dealing now with the schedule 1. This is not about social services.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can send you the reasons I have for the recusal so that we can later have a chat, if possible with you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please find enclosed the reasoning for the recusal.

Thanks for the attachment - I'll read through and come back to you.

OK - Have you made a complaint to the Judicial Conduct Investigations Office about the particular judge?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** i have not made a complaint.

That would be the starting point, in my view. You would complain on the basis that they were biased and you did not feel you had a fair hearing as a result of their conduct and attitude towards you.

Did you appeal their decision at the time?

plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6040
Experience: Barrister at law
plclegal and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have requested a phone call. As I'm in Spain, I could call you if you want.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to explan to you briefly the situation and have your feedback. Thank you.

Of course - and thanks for the call request.

I am busy until around 6pm, so will call shortly after 6pm if that is convenient?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Good to speak to you. As I said, if you would like to talk further, you can start a new question and request a call through that thread. Kind regards, Peter

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much for your time and for your honest, direct and clear answers and the reasoning behing them. I hope I could have another phone call with you regarding: Schedule 1 application and grounds for varying a previous order. Please let me know when it would be good for you. Thank you.

We can chat again tomorrow if this assists. You simply need to start a new question for my attention and we can arrange the call through the thread.