plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I have been granted an sgo of my grandson under hampshire

I have been granted an sgo of my grandson under hampshire and im am still fighting to receive my payments
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in guildford i cannot afford a lawyer if i could i would take hampshire to court for there lies and incompetence
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Tried to get app with citozens advice been kept on phone for 30 mins no joy have a number to contact for finance dept at hampshire they never answer the phone
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have had my grandson since a year old in jan 2020 i would of had him for 3 years it has taken a all this time to get an sgo through hampshires incompetence and keep moving the goal posts

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you clarify - you have an SGO but you have not been paid any of the SGO allowance?

Hello - I didn't hear from you. Can I assist you with this?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello i can clarify i am receiving no payments

OK. Thanks for confirming. Is this just that they are not processing the payments, or that they have refused?

Were you promised the SGO allowance at the start of the process?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I was told when sgo was granted i would receive payments the sgo was granted on 30 sept 2019 all i get is they are processing

OK. Were you told how much the payments would be?

Do you still have a social worker allocated to you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have not been told how much now it gets complicated after court hampshire handed over to surrey and teddy is no longer a child in need so no social worker im stuck in the middle of 2 counties neither of which can give me answers the goal posts keep moving and they just lie to me thanks roz

OK. I understand. I note you were requesting a call - did you want to talk on the telephone or just carry on here?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot afford a phone call or i would talk on phone sorry

No problem at all.

I suggest that you contact the duty social work hotline for Surrey, and ask to speak to a team manager.

Explain that you have an SGO, that you are being passed from pillar to post.

Alert them to the fact that the placement is under threat if you can't get financial support - that you desperately need their help and don't want to be put in a position where you are saying you can no longer carry on with the placement. This would obviously be at huge detriment to Teddy.

Ask when the next panel for funding decisions is and ask that your case be placed in front of the panel as a matter of urgency.

If you get nowhere, mention that you'll be seeking legal advice about a judicial review application, given the unreasonableness of their refusal to assess this.

This should be enough to alert the powers that be that you need to be considered ASAP.

I hope this helps?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thankyou for your help roz

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter