Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

When I filled in form "C100 Apply for a court order to make

when I filled in form "C100 Apply for a court order to make arrangements for a child or resolve a dispute about their upbringing", on pg 3 it says "If you answered Yes to any of the above, you must complete form C1A (Supplemental information form) and file it with this C100 form" https://assets.publishing.serv…
06/11/2019 10:51In form C1A it say's on pg 6 that I can only use the form to apply for Prohibited Steps or Specific Issues and I looked up online that a prohibited steps order may not be made with a view to achieving a result that could be achieved by a Child Arrangements Order (CAO). A prohibited steps order can only be made in relation to an aspect of parental responsibility. It is an order in the form of an injunction to prevent something from happening.My question is how far do I go in my requests? Do request that I retain full custody due to my partners drinking, or is that a the remit of a CAO, I just request the order dictates the our daughter can't be removed from my home? My question really is do request the order dictates that our daughter can't be removed from my home, or is it the county, or the country? I do not wish for my partner to take our daughter to the Isle of Man if we split up as she drinks too much and won't be able to encourage healthy development for her.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You appear to be asking for both a child arrangements order for the child to live with you and a PSO for the father not to be allowed to remove the child from England without your consent (ie not to the Isle of Man). I have to help you further attached a link to a great book which should help - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

So I can close this, can you confirm that it has been answered with a "YES" or "OK". Thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thanks for the book

Pleasure

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
For now. I'll try complete the form and come back to you if I'm stuck

My pleasure.

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience