Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Does it make sense to contact a cafcass officers manager if

Does it make sense to contact a cafcass officers manager if the officer herself did react to factual errors mentioned to her to bring it up in court? I know I am supposed to contest the report in court but it’s about factual inaccuracies. Most of them would be my word against hers without evidence because I told her these things in person
JA: What steps has she taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: She filed her report which is not in my favour
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: Yes I know the court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you for your message, in the circumstances you should report your concerns to the court and raise the inaccuracies with the CAFCASS officer yourself. Do you have a lawyer appointed?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yes I raised the concerns with the cafcass officer and she said I have to talk to my lawyer about it which I did. I only wanted a second opinion if contacting her manager could help

Hi thank you for your message, ultimately you are perfectly entitled to make a complaint but it is unlikely to help. You are better off going through your lawyer and raising the inconsistencies at the next hearing. It actually aids your case if at that hearing it becomes clear that the report is unreliable. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.