plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

My Ex partner has consustanly lied to both child maintenance

My Ex partner has consustanly lied to both child maintenance and child benefit office, over the overnight stays the children at at mine and hers and has overturned a children benefit claim which told over a year to change in the first place. She has now reopen a children maintenance claim which took me 4 years to close in the first place.
Assistant: What steps has your ex-partner taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No no papers have been taken out,by either of us.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your ex-partner live in?
Customer: Yes cardiff
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes i am concerned that her lies will get her into trouble, as over night stay at mine are 250 days a year plus.

Hello, my name is Peter, I'm a barrister and I’ll do my best to help you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

How can I assist with this?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Guess i want to know if i take this to a court hearing, how will it turn out she has lied and lied about overnight stay and has gained money from these lies and is again getting child benefit and trying for child maintenance?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Text is good for now

She could be made to repay child benefit if claimed in error, or at worst be prosecuted for benefit fraud.

As to the CMS claim - if you have proof that the children are with you for 250 plus nights a year she simply won't succeed.

The only reason you may have to go to court over the CMS point is to get a court order (child arrangements order) to prove that the children mainly live with you.

Can I clarify anything in particular?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Please cancel my account

Hello - I cannot do that for you personally but if you contact social services here http://ww2.justanswer.com/en-gb/help they will assist with this. Kind regards.