plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I’m divorced from my youngest 2 father. He has given our 13

I’m divorced from my youngest 2 father. He has given our 13 now 14yr old a vape. I found it and took it away but I’ve recently been told that she was vaping at their visit. What can I do legally?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No because I don’t know what I can do
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: we have just recently moved to Somerset
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment, thank you

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t mind waiting.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly.

OK. Have you raised the issue with your ex?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No because he lies, or will blame the kids. Also he enjoys me bringing things up so he can tell everyone I'm having a go.

OK. I understand the difficulties here, but it is something you will have to address with him. It's not advisable for a child the age of your daughter to be doing this, nor is she legally able to purchase electronic smoking products at her age.

There is absolutely no justification for a 14 year old to be vaping, and it should not be encouraged by either parent.

If you get nowhere, it may be something you have to raise in court, but I would hope it doesn't have to go that far.

Can I clarify anything at this stage?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok, I will attempt to speak to him about it and go from there.

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law