plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I exchange a Form E with my husband, what should I do next?

Customer Question

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

You need to go through the form E that he has completed and see if you agree with everything there.

You then need to submit questions if there are things you need to clarify.

This leaflet in the link has all of the information about the process for you:

http://alc.org.uk/uploads/Applying_for_a_financial_order_without_the_help_of_a_lawyer.pdf

I hope this helps?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yes, I can wait for your reply, thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

My pleasure. Let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Good morning, I exchanged form E with my husband, he has good pension of CE £59K, can I seek for pension sharing order? Moreover, He ask for clean break, can I ask for Spousal maintenance? We married 10 years and I only work part time because I have to look after 2 children age of 8 and 10 now. On Form E it shows his annual gross salary is around £38K and cash in the bank is £50K. For me, I left my previous employment in April this year and now I set up my own business, but there is not many transactions yet. My cash on hand is around £13K . If I can claim both, how much can I claim/request?
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Yes you can seek a pension sharing order and ask for spousal maintenance - you have to base this on 'need' though, so you need to establish what your needs are and make this the basis of the claim.

Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 8 days ago.

Hello.

I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Was there anything that needed clarifying at all?

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 4 days ago.

Kind regards,

Peter