How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4642
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My wife is in France & has French property. Our divorce is

This answer was rated:

Hello, My wife is in France & has French property. Our divorce is being dealt with in UK. I lodged a Form A just before the recent Brexit deadline for fear that a no-deal-Brexit might open up French proceedings. Sorry I hit "new lin" & it posted please wait for more
JA: What steps has your wife taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: My wife has employed top London Lawyers; I can afford none. They expressed disappointment that I lodged the Form A saying they had hoped to progress on a voluntary basis. Done iut again sorry
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: Why does it do that? The question is "How to I ask the Court (with her lawyers presumably) to postpone the meeting while we work voluntarily or with mediation" Thank You
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it. Sorry about all the breaks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi thank you for your message, if you contact the court, where the matter has been assigned you can mention to them you are representing yourself in the proceedings and would like an adjournment to proceedings to allow negotiation between the parties. The court should then arrange for the judge to make such an order if needed. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you