How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4138
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I'm on an allegation of rape when I was 32 & the women was

Customer Question

Hi, I'm on an allegation of rape when I was 32 & the women was 22. Does this put me on the high risk towards children? Thank you, ***** *****
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 4 days ago.

Not necessarily, no. Though rape is a violent offence so it does raise obvious concerns. But it does not follow that you are automatically a risk to children. You may be classed a risk to the mother, if you have a conviction for a violent sexual offence. Which in turn then impacts on the children. I hope this assists.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It kinda does, just with this & the previous conversation about 2012 the Social Services have offically deemed me a high risk & they have told my ex partner that if I contact her for her to call the police. To be honest I really don't understand any of this & I've been trying to find a civil solicitor/ lawyer or anybody to help me regardless of the costs, do you know anyone who can help me in this matter please.

Thank you, Simon East.
07460 573331
Expert:  plclegal replied 4 days ago.

OK, I can't give a personal recommendation but with the link here you can search for a lawyer nearby that should be able to assist: