How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6041
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I am close to getting myself admitted into a mental health

This answer was rated:

I am close to getting myself admitted into a mental health clinic because I am not able to find a solicitor who will help me to fight for access to my children and against the allegations made by my ex.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have no papers filed, but she has a non molestation order. I am meeting CAB on the 13th November, this will be to help get a witness statement written up and in by the 19th November. Another (directions) hearing on the 27th November
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: My ex is in Exeter, but I am in Sherborne. The deputy district judge would not allow the location to be changed nor would he let me have extra time to find representation
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am in a wheelchair, I suffer from mental health issues so can't go to new places on my own and I am not eligible for legal aid so I am looking for a pro bono lawyer....PLEASE HELP
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

In terms of getting a referral for a pro bono barrister, this is something that the CAB will be able to refer you to - the organisation is called "Advocate" and in order to get into the system you have to be referred - you cannot simply contact them directly I'm afraid.

Otherwise, if you have specific questions, let me know how I can assist.

plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6041
Experience: Barrister at law
plclegal and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you