plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am close to getting myself admitted into a mental health

I am close to getting myself admitted into a mental health clinic because I am not able to find a solicitor who will help me to fight for access to my children and against the allegations made by my ex.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have no papers filed, but she has a non molestation order. I am meeting CAB on the 13th November, this will be to help get a witness statement written up and in by the 19th November. Another (directions) hearing on the 27th November
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: My ex is in Exeter, but I am in Sherborne. The deputy district judge would not allow the location to be changed nor would he let me have extra time to find representation
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am in a wheelchair, I suffer from mental health issues so can't go to new places on my own and I am not eligible for legal aid so I am looking for a pro bono lawyer....PLEASE HELP

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

In terms of getting a referral for a pro bono barrister, this is something that the CAB will be able to refer you to - the organisation is called "Advocate" and in order to get into the system you have to be referred - you cannot simply contact them directly I'm afraid.

Otherwise, if you have specific questions, let me know how I can assist.

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law