plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am close to getting myself admitted into a mental health

I am close to getting myself admitted into a mental health clinic because I am not able to find a solicitor who will help me to fight for access to my children and against the allegations made by my ex.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have no papers filed, but she has a non molestation order. I am meeting CAB on the 13th November, this will be to help get a witness statement written up and in by the 19th November. Another (directions) hearing on the 27th November
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: My ex is in Exeter, but I am in Sherborne. The deputy district judge would not allow the location to be changed nor would he let me have extra time to find representation
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am in a wheelchair, I suffer from mental health issues so can't go to new places on my own and I am not eligible for legal aid so I am looking for a pro bono lawyer....PLEASE HELP

Hello, my name is Peter, I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

In terms of getting a referral for a pro bono barrister, this is something that the CAB will be able to refer you to - the organisation is called "Advocate" and in order to get into the system you have to be referred - you cannot simply contact them directly I'm afraid.

Otherwise, if you have specific questions, let me know how I can assist.

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law