How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2181
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Assistant: How can I help? I am in the process of completing

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: hi I am in the process of completing a child arrangement order. Can I put specific dates in this that I want the children with me and/or specific dates when I am away and unable to have the children?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet. I have gone to Mediation (my ex refused to attend) and I am now just completing C100
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Lancashire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Are there any previous orders in place? Are you currently seeing the children in the pattern that you want or is it substantially or materially different to your current pattern?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

SASH_Law and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi LeaNo previous orders.
Yes I am currently seeing them on a regular pattern. I don’t wish to make big changes to this. However my ex is not flexible in any way and I want to protect certain dates next year such as my wedding in May and protected holiday time as I’d like to be able to take them on holiday every Summer for two weeks. I am also away for a weekend in FebruaryI have them every Friday night from school and they go home at tea time on a Saturday. Once a weekend I would like to have them for the whole weekend as well
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I cancel the call request
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I haven’t got £44
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can I request specific days?

Yes, you can request specific days.

Remember that the court will order what it believes to be in the children's best interests if you and the other parent cannot agree.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I mention weeks when I am away and not around to have the children

The court will think it is in your children's interests to attend the wedding, so that request is very likely to be put into an order, the same goes for holiday time away.

THe call offer has expired so no need to worry about that.

Yes, if you have specific weeks when you cannot have the children it is best to include them now - though in future the court will expect you and the other parent to negotiate or inform each other of the weeks ahead of time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok and if I am away with work etc?

If you have those dates available at the time the order is made, you can include them. But thereafter the court will expect you and the other parent to discuss and agree between you.

Does that help?