How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leyla Shahin-Mehrube Your Own Question
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 216
Experience:  Family Solicitor at WLH Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube is online now

I have a boy who is 3 now and he starts to cry and shout

This answer was rated:

I have a boy who is 3 now and he starts to cry and shout when he sees his dad is there anything I can do? Maybe someone can take a look to their meetings
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: nothing yet as I’m a wee bit lost here.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: north Lanarkshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Hello my name is Leyla and I will try to help you with your question. I would be grateful if you would award me with 5 stars so that I can be credited for my time and not the website.
What’s the child arrangement in regards to access at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There’s none as his father is just texting me when he wants to see pj ( every 2-3 months)
Firstly, try and retrieve an answer from your child as to why. Stop contact until you find out why.
You may need to think about getting social services involved within a child arrangements order as a last resort. Even though every father has a right to his child, There is no point a child seeing his father if he is so unhappy and doesn’t
want to see him . Is there a background of aggression, violence, personality disorder? If the
father objects to you stopping him from seeing the child then he can make an application to court.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was violence against me while pj was at home and he had a court because of this. Also he’s using weed... so it’s not really safe.
Stop him seeing the child.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for a advice
And if objects get a non molestation order against him.
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you