Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I requested mediation with my ex regarding sharing

I requested mediation with my ex regarding sharing responsibility of driving for pickups and drop offs of our daughter who is 9 (we have been split up for 9 years). She has covered ‘some’ of this previously and has now moved further away and is with someone. She flat out refuses to do ANY of this despite a 90 min round trip I will need to make 3 times per week, citing she dies the weekly driving. I’m considering next step-court given she flat out refuses to any negotiation.I can’t afford a solicitor... what is the likely outcome? Is it a toss up of outcomes depending on the judge? She is difficult to deal with, wants everything in her terms.Help please?!

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The court would normally expect travel to be a joint responsibility - so would expect it to be shared. If she will not agree then you should consider making an application to the court for a child arrangements order on form C100 - you can do this without a solicitor and I have attached a link to a great book which should help - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Please rate 5 stars

My pleasure.

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

My pleasure.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Very helpful-and thanks for the book tip. Now ordered! Have tried to avoid this route but it is to ensure I get to have more quality time with my daughter, so fingers crossed!

ok