How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1583
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

My 13 week old son has been taken from us by the social

This answer was rated:

My 13 week old son has been taken from us by the social services yesterday and is in hospital waiting on tests on Monday but there is nothing wrong with him. The police came and said is now in their care and we can only see him with a social worker. The social workers are not available as it is weekend so we can't see him till Monday. Is this right we want to see him today.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No, but the plo process has already in progress.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Northamptonshire.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that we want to see our son before monday

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Ross can the social workers and police really stop me and my partner seeing our son? Do we really have to wait till Monday?

Firstly, I can appreciate your frustration and I am sorry to hear about this situation as I can understand how hurtful it must be not to see your child. However, sadly, the way that the system works is to protect the child at all costs (whether the accusations of harm are completely true or false), therefore it will be the position that you require a social worker to see your child. Sadly, as you have stated as they do not work over the weekend then, you will unfortunately, have to wait until Monday. I am sorry. You could, of course, call the police and see if they will provide you with someone who can assist you to see him, however, If I am being entirely honest I don't think this is very likely. I am sincerely ***** ***** hear about your situation.

I hope this information has helped.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Kind regards


Ross Miller and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you