How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36307
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I'm allowed supervised visits with my Son, recommended by

This answer was rated:

I'm allowed supervised visits with my Son, recommended by Social Services. My ex partner has decided to go with another recommendation so we have contact at a contact centre. She isn't even replying to my text now when I ask how my Son is. What can be done?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I'm not allowed to see him unsupervised at the moment, not u til there's progress with my mental health and I've been on a parenting course
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Taunton,
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was arrested last week for back handing my Wife (same sex relationship) - I have had supervised contact but now I think she's tying to reduce this

Are there court proceedings or have there been?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No nothing yet
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can she ignore my texts? I have a right to see my Son, supervised. We have to wait to go through the contact centre in Yeovil
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I texted to see how my Son is
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did you read the other messages?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. On that basis then I would be minded to apply to the court for a formal order which sets out the time that you spend with your child and also sets out how you will be able to get all the information you need about your child. You can make an application for a child arrangements order on a form C100. I have to help you further attached a link to a great book which explains the process and should be really helpful to you -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is a domestic abuse case so is that the correct procedure?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also I'm on a low income, what is the criteria to legal aid please?

Yes it is the correct procedure. The book should help as it also goes through legal aid.Please rate 5 stars

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you