Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I'm allowed supervised visits with my Son, recommended by

I'm allowed supervised visits with my Son, recommended by Social Services. My ex partner has decided to go with another recommendation so we have contact at a contact centre. She isn't even replying to my text now when I ask how my Son is. What can be done?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I'm not allowed to see him unsupervised at the moment, not u til there's progress with my mental health and I've been on a parenting course
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Taunton,
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was arrested last week for back handing my Wife (same sex relationship) - I have had supervised contact but now I think she's tying to reduce this

Are there court proceedings or have there been?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No nothing yet
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can she ignore my texts? I have a right to see my Son, supervised. We have to wait to go through the contact centre in Yeovil
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I texted to see how my Son is
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Did you read the other messages?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. On that basis then I would be minded to apply to the court for a formal order which sets out the time that you spend with your child and also sets out how you will be able to get all the information you need about your child. You can make an application for a child arrangements order on a form C100. I have to help you further attached a link to a great book which explains the process and should be really helpful to you - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is a domestic abuse case so is that the correct procedure?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Also I'm on a low income, what is the criteria to legal aid please?

Yes it is the correct procedure. The book should help as it also goes through legal aid.Please rate 5 stars