How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2195
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I'm not sure if you are going to be able to help me here,

This answer was rated:

I'm not sure if you are going to be able to help me here, it's quite an involved and complex situation.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: not yet, last time I was in court was 2016
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Norfolk
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My estranged husband and I split up because he was physically abusing me. This happened while the children were present in the house. I was also under financial abuse so I had been unable to renew my VISA or anything, he kepppt me out of status. I was granted a permanent residence after the final inciddent in which he was arrested. I am restricted to England and Wales through a PSO, meanwhile he has relocated to Northern Ireland. I can not get my daughter a passport to even visit the USA and our family there (despite him agreeing to allow this in the order). There is a lot ore to it, but those are the basics

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

What is the legal question you wish to ask?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to go home to the States. He agreed during contact in May to allow this to happen, but now is going back on his word to let us leaveThere is a PSO in place restricting us to the England and Wales jurisdiction. She should automatically have dual citizenship, but he is is refusing to compllete the permission forms required by the US Embassy despite agreeing in writing to not obstruct it - I need to fight this. How much should I expect to pay in legal fee to challenge it?

Your route is to apply to court to vary the PSO, and at the same time, you can apply for a specific issues order for the father to complete the permission forms.

To apply you will need to attend a MIAM first (see the application form for more information). You can find a mediator here:

You will need application form C100, which you can find here:

The cost to file is £215, but if you are on a low income or benefits you may be entitled to fee remission:

Does that help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will go through these links, may I come back to you if I have any further questions?
Thank you for your assistance

Yes, but please do leave a rating using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how I am paid for answering your initial question. Thank you.

SASH_Law and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you