How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6430
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

What are my rights as a parent?

This answer was rated:

What are my rights as a parent?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** for your patience here.

I'm going to respond to you now - I'm just reading over your other question posts so I have the background.

Firstly - as long as contact remains supervised there should not necessarily be a restriction on where you can go during that contact.

Secondly - as long as the supervisor is agreed then it can be anyone that is deemed 'suitable'.

The issue appears to be agreeing a suitable supervisor. I note that social services were involved in the initial period - have you considered going back to them and asking for them to confirm that the proposed supervisor is suitable? If they support the person supervising father is not going to have much of a leg to stand on here.


I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Was there anything that needed clarifying at all?

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No although you were very helpful. I am contacting social services. Thanks.

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you