Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I am unsure about my rights regarding spousal maintenance?

Customer Question

Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have not yet no.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Derby
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 16 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message, just to confirm you are married to your partner? Are you currently going through divorce? What is their earning potential compared with yours for example do you both work, if so what if their earnings and what are yours?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yes, married. Just about to start divorce proceedings. My wife earns very little and we have two children ages 9 & 6, they both love with my wife 80% of the time and with me 20% of the time.