Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I need advice regarding my ex and I require legal aid

Customer Question

Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: None
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Uk
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Am I obligated to give father visitation rights over night as he’s coming from Cumbria
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.
Do you have any court order regarding the children at the moment?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No

Hi thank you for your message, then you are not obligated to let them see the child(ren) though you may wish to facilitate this to prevent them from a seeking a formal order which might them more access but that does not mean you have to allow them to have overnight visitation rights. If they wish to stay overnight or practically need to do so because it is far to travel they could stay in a hotel or B&B nearby. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.