How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5319
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I need advice regarding my ex and I require legal aid

Customer Question

I need advice regarding my ex and I require legal aid
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: None
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Uk
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Am I obligated to give father visitation rights over night as he’s coming from Cumbria
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.
Do you have any court order regarding the children at the moment?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, then you are not obligated to let them see the child(ren) though you may wish to facilitate this to prevent them from a seeking a formal order which might them more access but that does not mean you have to allow them to have overnight visitation rights. If they wish to stay overnight or practically need to do so because it is far to travel they could stay in a hotel or B&B nearby. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.