MARCUS Malin
MARCUS Malin,
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
66642005

It is about family order Assistant: What steps have been

Customer Question

It is about family order
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: In 2016 I was able to report a domestic violence
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: But because of my immigration status with no recourse to public fund I had to return to the family home with 2 kids
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They were on protection order for 1 year and half. But the abuse never stopped but I couldn’t go to the authorities because I was been controlled and threatened
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
On the 30/10/19 by husband brought an allegation against me that I assaulted him but I have been the one been abused all my life . I was arrested and given a month order to stay away from the house.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But just today court order is been sent with allegations I threatened to poison him and the kids with bleach
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Do you have any specific questions that I can help you with.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have just secured a 1 bedroom flat and I want to get my 2 daughters to live with me. But with all the allegations their father has said how do I go about it

I presume that you have always been the primary carer.

You mention court - what stage are you at. Unless the court have expressly ordered that you cannot there is no reason why you cannot just leave with the children.

Marcus.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Their father is a secondary school teacher and he has been putting the kids through so much by taking them to different houses which I am not happy about. I have been the one taking them to and from school, and other care for them .

The court has given me a molestation order and occupational order. And he has also tell lies of me hitting the kids and I threatened to poison him and the kids

My question now is can I take the kids and can I go to the property with someone from the women’s aid to get my things from the house without breaking the court orders

Unless there is an order - a Prohibited Steps Order - stating that you cannot remove the children then yes you can.

Marcus.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don’t think there is . But can I go and remove my things from the property?

Technically not if there is a occupation order in place stating that you cannot enter the property. I would hope however he would agree to you collecting or nominating someone to collect your items on your behalf.

Marcus.

Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 10 days ago.

I would be most grateful if you could kindly rate my answer to enable me to get credit for it.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Marcus.

Marcus.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
You were very clear in your reply. Thank You. Where do I rate you please

Hello, you just need to accept my answer.

If you need any further assistance just revert back to me.

Marcus.