How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARCUS Malin Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2499
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MARCUS Malin is online now

I just want to talk about CSA Assistant: What steps have you

This answer was rated:

Hi I just want to talk about CSA
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: UK
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Emoyed by A Company based in Jersey
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi I would just like to know what powers the CSA has. I live in the UK. But am employed for a Jeresy based company.
I am paying maintenance for 2 children.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Just for the avoidance of doubt where do you and the children live?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Marcus
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please cancel my phone call request


No need for a call - request was automated.

I can respond in this thread.

Thank you.


So you all live in England but you are employed by a company based in Jersey - is that correct.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thats correct

As you live in the UK then the Child Maintenance Service can assess you but would find it hard to enforce if you did not pay as they cannot apply for an attachment of earnings.

Is there any specific reason why you ask?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am paying the child maintenance as I should and as much as I can afford.
However my ex partner and childrens mother keeps asking for more snd is threatening CSA action.
I would rather not go down the CSA route but come to a mutusl agreement
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what do you think Marcus

Are you paying as per the child support calculator.

In honesty your ex partner would be misguided to go down the CMS route due to enforcement problems.

So as long as you are paying close to the online calculator assessment she should simply accept it.

Thank you.


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thankyou
But if the CSA was to get involved they could not automatically take mo ey from my wages because I am employed from Jersey?
Is that correct?

That is correct.

Potentially if you failed to pay then your ex could get a court order in England and enforce it in the court in Jersey via REMO being the Recepical Enforcement of Maintenance Orders who could take it direct from source. That process is lengthy so more reason for her to agree.

Thank you.


Customer: replied 7 months ago.

You are most welcome.

MARCUS Malin and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you