How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1435
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

My daughter and I are about to inherit from my mother who

Customer Question

My daughter and I are about to inherit from my mother who died last year. My daughter is disabled and on Housing benefit in London plus other benefits which I believe are not means tested. If she takes her full inheritance she will loose her housing benefit. She would like to pass the inheritance to invest in a trust for her daughter( but have the 16k which I believe she can have as savings) without loosing her housing benefit
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: My daughter lives in London, I live in Hampshire and solicitor is in Wiltshire
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: The probate has now been granted , I just have to sign various documents
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are also shares which we are p,manning to sell.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

who would like to pass the inheritance?

how much approx is her inheritance?

and estate in total?