Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My daughter and I are about to inherit from my mother who

Customer Question

My daughter and I are about to inherit from my mother who died last year. My daughter is disabled and on Housing benefit in London plus other benefits which I believe are not means tested. If she takes her full inheritance she will loose her housing benefit. She would like to pass the inheritance to invest in a trust for her daughter( but have the 16k which I believe she can have as savings) without loosing her housing benefit
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: My daughter lives in London, I live in Hampshire and solicitor is in Wiltshire
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: The probate has now been granted , I just have to sign various documents
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are also shares which we are p,manning to sell.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

who would like to pass the inheritance?

how much approx is her inheritance?

and estate in total?