F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My ex partner, left me 2 yrs ago with no warning, we

Customer Question

My ex partner, left me 2 yrs ago with no warning, we currently live together still, quite peacefully actually, however she is putting me more and more in a emotionally mental state with her action and is poisoning our daughter against me, she now wants to sell the house which I have invested 20k worth improvements at her request before she broke things of with me after 11 yrs together I need advise
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Chigwell Essex
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only what I can do she has not invested any time money in my home, my daughter just wants to be with her all the time, I love my house and don't want yo sell but she now saying my daughter is being affected when she's the one who started it all
Expert:  F E Smith replied 6 days ago.

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

who's name on the mortgage?

who pays?

how old is your daughter and who is main carer?

are you joint or tenants in common?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Both, both pay, I do all the evening pick ups pay for all our daughters clothes and social ativitys my daughter is 6, and is becoming more and more distant towards me and can't help feel this is my ex doing, she's very money oriantated
Expert:  F E Smith replied 6 days ago.

I’m a bit confused because you say that your ex-partner left you to years ago without warning but you still live together!

Have there been any allegations ever of bullying, verbal or mental abuse or physical abuse or is it likely to be alleged she can’t get her own way?

How much mortgage outstanding?

Please confirm the deeds are in joint names. You said “both” and I think that refers to the question but please confirm.

What is the value of the house?