plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Is it possible after a declaration of parentage to ask the

Customer Question

Is it possible after a declaration of parentage to ask the judge to put on old for 6 months or a year the release of the parental responsibility to father to give him time to prove he can be in fact able to exercise that responsibility?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will wait thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  plclegal replied 10 days ago.

OK, the declaration of parentage will give the father PR, but that doesn't mean that he has an IMMEDIATE right to anything - as contact would still have to be in the best interests of the child and this would normally have to start slowly and progress to more time over a period of 3-6 months. So though a judge won't put it on hold, contact would have to be gradually increased in line with his ability and the child's needs. Does this help reassure you?

Expert:  plclegal replied 8 days ago.

Hello.

I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Was there anything that needed clarifying at all?

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.

Hello.

Kind regards,

Peter

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I received it. Noted thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.

My pleasure and thanks for confirming receipt.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter